Sat26Aug20173:00 pmCorktown Commons Toronto, ON
Our book ride in the Don Valley will focus on mental health, nature and exercise through the lens of literature. Cycling, like reading, exercises the mind and can elevate one’s mood and decrease stress and depression. I will be reading and speaking at Corktown Commons (a park located at the foot of Lower River Street and Bayview Avenue) with Jake Tobin Garrett and Jane Farrow. More here.
Thu16Nov201712:00 pmWestchester Reform Temple, Scarsdale, New York
I'll be speaking and reading at Westchester Reform Temple, 255 Mamaroneck Road, Scarsdale, New York
- In “The ‘in between-ness’ of the Israeli expat writer” Diane Cole of Jewish Book Week writes about “On Foreign Soil” – the panel discussion I participated in with Israeli authors Maya Arad and Ruby Namdar at Ansche Chesed synagogue in New York, May 2016
- Amanda Parris of CBC covered The Festival of Literary Diversity, in which I participated, quoting from my post about my year of reading only writers of colour. May 2016
- Author and blogger Kerry Clare wrote a great summary of my panel and other panels at The Festival of Literary Diversity. May 2016
- Read about my experience at the Jewish Book Festival in Vancouver here, November 2015
- Read about my fabulous Italian book tour here! Parma, Piacenza, Turin, and Rome, June 2015.
- An evening with Sami Rohr winners and finalists at the Museum of Jewish Heritage, New York, May, 2015.
- Spotlight on Israeli Culture festival, presented with the IFOA (International Festival of Authors) and Koffler Centre of the Arts and Ben McNally Books, Toronto, February 2015
- I gave a lecture at Rice University in Houston, Texas, titled Language, Longing and Belonging. September 2014.
- I toured with The New Israel Fund of Canada in Toronto, Montreal, and Ottawa. February, 2014. Read recap of the tour and see photos from the events here.